Ron Bush

Real-Time Response to Data

Discussion created by Ron Bush on Feb 5, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2019 by Robert Carroll

My school organization and administration is REALLY into the concept of aggressive monitoring, or actively looking at at student feedback in real-time and responding to their work in the moment based off of the data collected by moving around the room and seeing student work.

Anyhow, looking to implement this into a blended learning environment, my on-boarding people did not have an answer to this, but apparently it is not possible to see a whole class worth of data to questions or even a specific question in real time. 

An example: 

• Question 2 is the question I've identified as the question that is the highest leverage question to student mastery for the content on the day. Let's say it's multiple choice. 
  • I need a way to see either:
    • Students successfully selecting the correct answer vs wrong answer 
    • Students selecting each answer choice on that question

Ideally, if you've even used something like Socrative, that shows a multiple choice question how many have gotten a question right (percentage) or shows how many have chosen each answer in real-time.

Canvas' default tools apparently do not accomplish this, but I would like to see if anyone has an add-on that integrates into Canvas that would allow such features inside of the platform. 

Thanks

Outcomes