Disappearing Graphics

Jump to solution
mfreedman3
Community Novice

I've had a thread open in the designers forum for a while, and have opened and closed a ticket on this case (# 03211628).

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/135570-re-disappearing-graphics?commentID=135570&et=watches.... 

The problem seems sporadic, and has not been solved.  I just re-opened it a week or so ago, and since I did not include a screen shot, no action was taken. Here's what I know:

- Canvas has told me that they do not monitor the community forums, which I think is a big mistake - a sign of a company that is not being proactive.  
- They ask that we open tickets through our Admins, with a link to the page and a screen shot of the issue (I use the MS snipping tool)
- They've tried to fix it, but I still see folks posting in this thread.  And i just saw it again a week or so ago.

This just seems to be one of those intermittent issues that left unchecked with degrade confidence in Canvas.  I'm wondering if other admins have seen this, if you can offer any insights, and if there is enough support, perhaps we could jointly express concern?

Michael

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@mfreedman3  

- Canvas has told me that they do not monitor the community forums, which I think is a big mistake - a sign of a company that is not being proactive.

• Michael.  I wanted to begin by addressing this.  I think you may have taken the support individuals words out of context.  Our friends in support that are working tickets are very focused on tickets and do not read Community posts.  We have an entire Community team that does monitor the community, actively engages, and provides important feedback, user stories, and perspective across the company.

- They ask that we open tickets through our Admins, with a link to the page and a screen shot of the issue (I use the MS snipping tool)

• It is actually up to the school how they structure their support.  We do not make that choice.  When i worked for a school our users had a direct line to support.  There are schools though that for good reason want their users to submit support cases through their local admins first.

- They've tried to fix it, but I still see folks posting in this thread. And i just saw it again a week or so ago.

• The cause of broken images is hard to chase down.  There are so many factors that come into play, including browser.  So this does need to be handled through support.

I see that you also posted this to your existing thread, which is where the discussion needs to stay so people can find it.  I am going to close this discussion.  The other thread will stay open.

View solution in original post