In the new gradebook, I have an assignment ("Assignment 1") that had Late Penalties applied.
I export the Gradebook to CSV, added a column for an external assignment ("Assignment 2"), and imported the modified CSV back in to the Gradebook. Students who had penalties applied in Assignment1 get the penalty reapplied.
If a student had 86/100 and a late penalty of -10, their score should be 76. After re-import, it was 66.
When checking the assignment, I can see that the grade initially allocated was 86 in the rubric, but the grade at the top is 76, and the penalty is reapplied, for a final grade of 66.
I had to manually correct grades for all the students who had submitted late to Assignment 1. (Not fun.)
I think this is a bug, but I cannot check because I don't want to mess up my gradebook again, and having to redo it all again.
Nonetheless, steps to replicate:
- 1. Have an assignment. Check "" in the options.
- Export Gradebook to CSV.
- Add a column or modify an unrelated grade.
- Import modified CSV into Gradebook.
- The final grade before import becomes the "raw" grade after import.
- Late policy is re-applied to that new raw grade, resulting in the late penalty being applied twice (or as many times as you re-import.)
- The raw assignment grade does not coincide with the grade on the rubric, and the difference is equal to the late penalty (or a multiple of that if re-import several times).
- Raw and final assignment grades should be identical before and after re-import.