Amanda Warren Marshall

Anyone else having issues with Turnitin framework errors recently?

Discussion created by Amanda Warren Marshall on Mar 4, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2019 by Eileen Ford

Back in the "old" LTI days, I would very occasionally have faculty experience issues where a student submission would time out before being sent to Turnitin. At the time, I was told by both Canvas and Turnitin support that it was the issue of the other product and there wasn't a resolution--which did make some sense with the nature of how LTIs work...

I'd not seen this happening with the new (otherwise, awesome!) framework until last week. In the past week, I've had two different faculty on three different assignments have issues where 1/4 to a 1/3 of the student submissions errored out and didn't process. One was a group assignment, two were normal. The file types were all readable by TII. As far as I can tell, TII wasn't down when the submissions were made. Clicking the "Resubmit to Turnitin" button seems to do nothing even after 24+ hours. In both cases, the faculty members both chose to just submit the files in question directly to turnitin.com so I've not started a support ticket for either one. But, now that I've had this second incident, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and escalate so an issue can be identified/fixed or if this is just a weird fluke/something that can't be fixed. I looked and didn't see anyone talking about recent TII issues so we may just be special, haha. 

Anyone else? 

Outcomes