Jerod Quinn

Tracking a Quiz Across the University

Discussion created by Jerod Quinn on Mar 4, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2019 by Jerod Quinn

Hey Canvas Community

Our university library has created a useful guide/quiz about academic honesty and plagiarism. Many departments have their first-year learners take the quiz as part of the instructional content of the course. Right now the quiz lives in Qualtrics, outside of Canvas. This creates many hoops for faculty who offer grades for completing the quiz. I would like to recreate this quiz as a Canvas Quiz that faculty can place in their course and connect it to the gradebook. Recreating the quiz is no biggie. But the problem comes with distributing and tracking the distribution of the quiz. That brings me to my questions:

1.) For distribution, I was thinking about placing a master quiz in the Canvas Commons for the university. This would give (fairly) easy access for placing it in various courses across the university, provide grades integration, and the ability to update quiz questions as needed. Is this the best/most efficient method of distribution, or is there an easier route I'm missing?

2.) Creating this as a Canvas Quiz is reliant on the library being able to track usage across departments. Fair enough, it's their quiz and they would like to know who/where it's being used. Is there any way to track the number of instances of a quiz across a university/semester, or any way to track Commons downloads? 

Thanks for your time.

jerod

Outcomes