I was asked by an instructor to cross-list their sections. However, the instructor will have separate grading (..I'm assuming this means separate assignments).
After searching the community, I couldn't find a straight-forward answer. Do the steps listed here sound accurate? Our institute does not have the differentiated assignments feature turned on.
- 1. Follow instructions for cross-listing a course
- 2. Next, differentiate your assignments for the gradebook.
- Differentiated Assignments is a feature that enables choosing which section(s) or individual student(s) an assignment applies to. Sections that are not given an assignment will not see it in their course content and their final grade will be calculated without those points.
- For each assignment that applies, you will need to edit the assign to section: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2737
- When using differentiated assignments with the Gradebook, the assignment appears as a column for all students, but grade cells are grayed out for students who have not been included in the assignment. Grades cannot be assigned for students who have not been included in the assignment, and assignments that are assigned to them, either individually or as part of a course or section, are not factored into overall grades.
- On the student grades page, students can only view assignments that have been assigned to them.