AnsweredAssumed Answered

Group assignments for everyone to see

Question asked by Hægland Pål on Aug 14, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 by MJH@ucn.dk

Hi guys,

thought I'd start a discussion on group assignments. At our school we have what we call «Learning groups», where the students are also divided into smaller groups. The learning groups are not group sets in Canvas, but individual courses (the rationale for that will follow shortly).

So far so good. However, we've encountered a somewhat interesting discussion; what do we do when we want the whole Learning group to see assignments submitted by one of these sub-groups?

I'm sure most of you guys know what I'm talking about by now. We tried to solve it by letting the students submit it into course files themselves, but, alas, that is not an option (which is good, I guess). As such, we told the students to e-mail i to their teacher, who then submit it to the course files.

But Pål, you might ask yourself by now, why have you made these groups separate courses, and not groups? Ah, my young padawan, the reason behind this is that the learning groups have assignments, and the group assignments are not terribly suited for how we do things up here in the cold north (22 degrees celcius and sunny today - practically Winterfell).

So, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows if there's some way of letting everyone seeing an assignment a group has submitted?

Have a great weekend.

Pål

Outcomes