Quiz security reminder for the start of the semester!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Below is an email I sent to my faculty reminding them about quiz security in Canvas. Quiz security is a big concern on our campus so I find it good to send reminders like this out at the beginning of the semester. What type of things to you remind faculty about at the beginning of the semester?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Quiz Security in Canvas

Just a reminder to everyone about Quiz security in Canvas.

If you don't want students to be able to see what quiz questions they got right and which they got wrong then you have to UNCHECK the "Let Students See their Quiz Responses" box under quiz settings. Why? If the students know which question they got right then they know what the correct answer is OR if they got the question wrong then they know what answer isn't correct.

The only thing the "Let Students See the Correct Answers" checkbox does is show students ALL the correct answers for the quiz regardless of whether they got the answer correct or not.

For more information about Quiz Security in Canvas see the following page - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

Or, if you're really interested in Canvas quiz security, including mobile, sign up for the following webinar being offered at the end of September - Feel Secure about Your Relationship with Quizzes

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Kona

Labels (1)