AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can students mark an assignment as completed if there is no onine submission requirement?

Question asked by Eric Lybbert on Apr 26, 2019
Latest reply on May 20, 2019 by Lisa Stewart

I am using VoiceThread in my course and I have created an assignment to track the students' involvement. I know there are some ways to integrate VoiceThread as a graded assignment, but this unfortunately will not work for me in my use-case. A similar use-case would be having a written paper assignment that needed to be turned in as only a printed copy. In both scenarios there is an assignment in the course with points associated with it. It is also visible in the modules so that students can see the instructions and due date. The problem that I am running into is that there seems to be no way for the students to mark the activity as complete.

I have tried marking it as "no submission" and "paper" submission, but both give me the following results.

I imagine that when the assignment is graded by the instructor that this is finally checked off. However, this is not great for students that are using this as a way to keep track of what they have and have not completed for the week. Am I missing anything here, or does this just need to go in as a suggested feature?

Outcomes