AnsweredAssumed Answered

Speedgrader Question: Quiz vs Assignment

Question asked by Christopher Kim on May 7, 2019
Latest reply on May 7, 2019 by Timothy Lampley

Is there a way to setup speedgrader for a quiz the same way that is can be setup for an assignment?  When I use speedgrader for an assignment file upload, I can see the file that the student uploaded, use the rubric, and mark up the file that was uploaded.  I cannnot do the same thing with the quiz version.  Am I doing something wrong?  Am I missing a settting?  Please see attached PDF file.  

My Objective:

I have the students complete a chemistry lab.  The lab contains:

- 2 prelab questions  (2 items)

- submission of collected data  (2 items)

- submission of 4 graphs (4 items)

- submission of final calculations (1 item)

The students would write out all their work in their lab notebooks.  They would take a picture or use a PDF of what they completed and uploaded it for each different item into Canvas.  This works well in Canvas if I created 9 different assignments, but then the overall lab grade is split up into 9 different assignments in the gradebook.  I could use the quiz file upload and have multiple questions, but then, as I mentioned above, I don't see a "preview" of the file that they uploaded.   Any suggestions?  I could have them upload one single PDF for all of the items and create it as an assignment.  (This maybe the only way to go.)

Any input would be great.

Thanks,

-Chris

Attachments

Outcomes