How can i change the color of each course on my e campus dashboard

Jump to solution
Community Novice

I want to alter the color of my dashboard's courses.

3 Solutions
James
Community Champion

@152154  

Use the web interface, then click on the three vertical dots at the top right of the dashboard course card and change the color.

313159_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

cholling
Community Champion

A follow-up question since this jogged my memory. A faculty member swears that when she changed the course card color and nickname, it filtered through to her students' view. I added an image to one of my resource courses thinking that it would filter through to participants' view and it didn't. What's the bottom line? When a teacher-role changes the course card what does or does not stream out to participants in that course?

James
Community Champion

The nicknames are supposed to be individualized and the teacher cannot set it for the students. The call that is made when you do that is to the Set course nickname endpoint of the Users API. It is a user-specific endpoint, there isn't a default for the course, although some people want it. 

What the teacher can do, and this is more likely depending on your permissions, is edited the Course Settings and changed the name of the course there, rather than through the dashboard course card. That would filter through to students who hadn't set a nickname.