How to avoid "Score does not include X because it has no points possible"?

Jump to solution
jakehartman
Community Novice

I have an assignment group called "Ungraded," which is where I place reading assignments, surveys, etc. that do not have any points associated with them.  I give it a weight of 0% toward the final grade, and assignments in that group are all marked with "Display Grade As: Not Graded."

The annoying thing is that this practice causes a black exclamation mark next to each student's grade, with the message: "Score does not include Ungraded because it has no points possible."

Feature request: if an assignment group has a weight of 0%, do not have it cause this warning message.

I suppose a couple work-arounds are:

* Get rid of the "Ungraded" group and dump all those assignments into some other group that does include graded assignments.

* Add a dummy assignment to the "Ungraded" group and give everyone 1/1 on it.  That won't affect their actual grade, since that assignment group has a weight of 0%.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, I'll probably go with the first option, since it creates no noise on the students' side.

Thanks.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jakehartman , greetings! This sounds like it would make a great feature idea! To create this as a new idea, check out this page - Ideas. From this page you'll be able to learn more about the feature idea process, view other feature ideas related to the gradebook, and create your own feature idea that will then be up for vote!

Hope this helps! Kona 

View solution in original post