401 Errors and X-Content-Type: nosniff issues

dslusser
Community Participant

Sometime early in 2019, it seems that Canvas made an update to some server settings that had some breaking changes in the way I embed lessons. I've tried my best to update my code to make it "compliant," but nothing seems to be working.

Currently, I write my lessons and content using HTML/CSS/JS, then I upload my files to the Canvas file system and I iframe them into assignments. I've been doing this method for about 3 years, but sometime in January-February, my content stopped displaying as it had in the past.

Using desktop Chrome and Firefox (any version up to and included current versions), I have no issues with how the content is being displayed. Switch to desktop Safari, or mobile (iOS - not sure about Android) Chrome/Firefox/Safari, and this is where my issues are seen.

I'm getting a bunch of "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()" errors and "Refused to execute [JS FILE] as script because "X-Content-Type: nosniff" was given and its Content-Type is not a script MIME type."

Searching around the internet for remedies of this error hasn't produced any results. The biggest response I keep seeing is make sure to declare the MIME type when linking in css/js files. I've given that a try on multiple occasions with multiple files, but I haven't had any success.

Has anyone else seen this newer behavior or could anyone guide me on how to address the issue?

0 Likes