AnsweredAssumed Answered

401 Errors and X-Content-Type: nosniff issues

Question asked by Daniel William Slusser on May 30, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2020 by Daniel William Slusser

Sometime early in 2019, it seems that Canvas made an update to some server settings that had some breaking changes in the way I embed lessons. I've tried my best to update my code to make it "compliant," but nothing seems to be working.

Currently, I write my lessons and content using HTML/CSS/JS, then I upload my files to the Canvas file system and I iframe them into assignments. I've been doing this method for about 3 years, but sometime in January-February, my content stopped displaying as it had in the past.

Using desktop Chrome and Firefox (any version up to and included current versions), I have no issues with how the content is being displayed. Switch to desktop Safari, or mobile (iOS - not sure about Android) Chrome/Firefox/Safari, and this is where my issues are seen.

I'm getting a bunch of "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()" errors and "Refused to execute [JS FILE] as script because "X-Content-Type: nosniff" was given and its Content-Type is not a script MIME type."

Searching around the internet for remedies of this error hasn't produced any results. The biggest response I keep seeing is make sure to declare the MIME type when linking in css/js files. I've given that a try on multiple occasions with multiple files, but I haven't had any success.

Has anyone else seen this newer behavior or could anyone guide me on how to address the issue?

Outcomes