Holley Collier

Outcome Tool, Sub-Accounts, And Whatever Else Fits :-)

Discussion created by Holley Collier on Jun 3, 2019

Hello! I'm looking for any general best practices or advice that has to do with outcomes, sub-accounts, or anything that relates but I may be missing. 

In August we are rolling out a new project across all departments to collect our data for outcomes with Canvas using the Outcomes tool. We haven't been using sub-accounts because we just weren't and there wasn't any immediate advantage to change until now. However, we will begin using sub-accounts for each department and ultimately each department will have an outcomes report each semester. 

We've had our challenges. 1)how to get everyone to use Canvas that's not. 2)How to get departments to agree on a similar assignment, etc. to use for their outcomes scores. 3)How to use the outcomes tool in general to get the data we need. 

Has anyone implemented a similar project across their school? Even if not across the school, in a department? 

Do you have any glaring advice you would share? :-) I do not have a specific issue, I'm just looking to see if anyone has anything to share that I haven't thought about or come across. 

Thanks in advance! 

Outcomes