AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to hide my grades and comments on 2nd wave assignments without hiding the 1st wave comments and 1st wave grades?

Question asked by Meagan Black on Jun 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2019 by Meagan Black

Say I have an assignment and I mute it (1st mute).

Then the on-top-of-it students submit their assignments (1st wave assignments). 

And I grade students that have submitted their assignment and add comments to their assignments (1st mute grades and 1st mute comments).

When I unmute the assignment (1st unmute), the 1st mute grades and 1st mute comments are released. Students with 1st wave assignments can see their 1st mute grades and 1st mute comments. Students that didn't hand their work in during the 1st wave have blank/nothing to see.

But here is my question: when I mute the assignment again (2nd mute) to mark the students that hand in their assignments in the 2nd wave (2nd wave assignments) and keep their 2nd mute comments and 2nd mute grades hidden until I'm ready for them to go live--what can my students see?

Can my 1st mute comments and 1st mute grades still be seen? Or did the students with 1st wave assignments have their comments and grades disappear back into bell symbol?

Is there a way to hide my grades and comments on 2nd wave assignments without hiding the 1st wave comments and 1st wave grades?

I know that every time you unmute the grades, the whole class gets the notification that new changes are available. But using Student View/Test Student, I cannot see if the comments are still viewable when I remute an assignment.

Outcomes