AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where do I enter my JavaScript Code Within the Canvas Domain

Question asked by Larry Robertson on Jun 10, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2019 by Larry Robertson

I have been trying to figure out how to ask this question in a way that someone with experience will understand so here goes.

What am I trying to Achieve?

I currently have an application that works great and is hosted on my Web Server.  The application uses the Canvas API, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery and PHP.  I have been informed that the Institution would rather not maintain a Web Hosting Service to accomplish this task. This leaves me with the choice of using pure JavaScript and converting the PHP to JavaScript using HTTPRequest which is no problem.  From what I have read you don't need a Web Server and it can all be done within Canvas using JavaScript.

Problem

Where do I key in the HTML, CSS and JavaScript within the Canvas UI.  I can't find any information other than Canvas API Live and Postman neither of which allows me to create and embedded application inside the Canvas IU.  I have Admin rights in Canvas but they are limited.  Is there an editor built into Canvas or at least a place I can paste my code?  What is it that I'm not understanding?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Outcomes