AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pdf File created from a Word 2016 Doc with a link to an Excel 2016 File, link not working in pdf in Canvas.

Question asked by Claude Abbott on Jun 10, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2019 by Claude Abbott

I have a pdf file that I created from a Microsoft Word 2016 document, and I also have an Microsoft Excel 2016 worksheet. I made a link in my Word document to my Excel worksheet. When I open my Word document, and click on the link I created, my Excel worksheet downloads so I can save it and use it.  

I created a Adobe Pdf file of my Word Document, and then I select both my Pdf file and my Excel Worksheet and zipped them together as a Zipped file. 

I went into Canvas, followed the instructions for uploading a Zipped file. ! created a Folder in My Files and uploaded the Zipped File, and had it "Expand the content into the current folder." The folder in Canvas, contains two files. My pdf and my Excel Worksheet.  

I went into my Assignment in Canvas where I linked my Pdf and saved it.  When I go back into the assignment and click on the link for the pdf, the Pdf opens, when I click on the link with the pdf, Nothing happens, the Excel worksheet that I haved linked to does not open. 

Can anyone help me? I checked the Canvas community, but can't seem to find anyone having this issue. I have tried several ways to get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make this work? 

I'm new to Canvas, and currently working in a "sandbox," developing and designing a course.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Outcomes