AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automatic quiz grading

Question asked by Elias Noreland on Jun 17, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2019 by Elias Noreland

I am new to Canvas and haven't quite gotten hold of everything yet, so please bear with me if I ask very basic questions I am currently particularly looking at quizzes, and also thinking of possibly integrating some sort of widget to create multimedia content, such as H5P or BookWidgets.

I have understood I can create auto-graded quizzes which will automatically add a column in SpeedGrader, but can I set a grade limit for the quiz and have the grade be automatically entered into SpeedGrader? For example, I want to create an exam quiz where students have to score a minimum of 14 points out of 20 to pass the exam. Would I then have to go to SpeedGrader, look at each student's score and then enter their grade manually? I suppose simply typing one letter is usually not too much of a fuzz, but if you have several hundred students in a course, it can quickly get quite tedious Ideally, I would also like to have the possibility to prevent students who have passed the exam from taking it again, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Outcomes