AnsweredAssumed Answered

Discussion Board replies user list

Question asked by Kelly Perez on Jul 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2019 by Kori Schneider

Is there a way to change the layout of the discussion board replies to a stacked version instead of scrolling? Sometimes as the instructor and the student, I would like to open the discussion board and see a list of students who have replied and click on just a particular reply, instead of scrolling through 100+ posts until I find the student. I understand I can see this through the gradebook, but as a student, they have to scroll through all of these replies before they get back to their own discussion board post. If the professor requires the student to make an initial post, two reply posts, and naturally reply to anyone who is replying to their initial post, the student is scrolling up and down the screen for an unnecessary amount of time, especially if they are mobile users.  As an instructor who does professional developments, I am also the student at times, and I find this process very time-consuming and it takes away the motivation to complete the assignment in a timely matter. Am I missing something? Is there a way to ease this burden similar to the way blackboard stacks their discussion board?

Outcomes