AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the relationship between questions in a quiz and a question bank?

Question asked by Dan Grilley on Jul 16, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 by James Jones

In the quizzes tool, I am using question banks to store and organize questions for quizzes that randomly select a question from each bank.  I have added the questions using the "Find Questions" dialog so that the questions are listed in each question group.  If I edit the question in the quiz, I note that the question in the question bank is not updated.  Likewise, editing the question in the question bank does not update the quiz.  This is true even if the quiz is not published.  Nor does a question update if the question bank is "linked".  What do I need to do to get the updates that were applied to a question to propagate to a quiz (if applied to a question bank) or to the question bank (if applied to a quiz)?  The apparent lack of syncing between the two is a real problem.  This all led me to my topic question, what is the relationship between question in a quiz and those in what I assumed was the underlying question bank?

The relationship for quizzes.next appears to be somewhat documented (How do I edit an item bank item in New Quizzes?).  I don't see similar documentation for quizzes.

Outcomes