AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unenrolling Users Added by SIS Import

Question asked by Annette Parde-Maass on Aug 31, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 by Annette Parde-Maass

Original Topic Title: What is the best way for admin to unenroll students or teachers added by SIS import?

Previously, I have individually unenrolled some students or teachers via the People section of a particular course. With the latest update, the "Remove from Course" option in People is gone. (See "SIS Enrollments and Remove from Course Option" on https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4521#jive_content_id__Fixed_Bugs. Now, I'm wondering what is the best way to remove an individual student from the course. I see two options:

1. Go to Course--Settings--Sections--Section--*click on red x by individual that I want removed*

2. Go to User Account--*click on X by course I want to unenroll them from*

Does that sound about right? Is one better than the other in terms of data? These would be cases of complete unenrollment, delete, or drop. I do not want to "conclude" them.

I do realize that running an unenroll SIS process may be the best way overall, but we're still ensuring that process and will not be completely viable until next semester or school year. Plus I want a back up.

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

Outcomes