AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need kind of a weird rubric

Question asked by Katie Venit on Aug 1, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2019 by James Jones

I have an instructor who would like a rubric like this programmed into Canvas. Is this possible in such a way to work well? I know about ranges, but I'm not sure that would convey the idea that some things are worth 1-5 points and other 6 or more. 

Full Points (100)

1 to 5 points deducted
per criteria not met

6 or more points deducted
per criteria not met

A PowerPoint presentation is submitted to the Writers Salon for review by the deadline in the course schedule.

A description of the audience and the business goal or purpose in writing is provided.

The PowerPoint presentation appears to be a sincere effort to submit something for feedback.

The evaluation of each group member’s document is present and contains answers to all of the questions in Part 2.

The PowerPoint presentation appears to be an effort for seeking feedback but does not reflect that time and attention were paid to the draft of the presentation.

A description of the audience and the business goal or is missing.

The feedback for all group members is present but could be more thorough, helpful, or thought out.

The PowerPoint presentation is submitted for peer review appears incomplete or an insincere attempt.

The presentation that was not drafted with any care or attention to the assignment.

The PowerPoint presentation was submitted after the deadline and not available for peer review (50% deduction in the assignment score).

Feedback is missing answers to one or more questions posed in Part 2 of the assignment.

Feedback to a group member is missing or submitted too late to be helpful (results in a score of “0” for the assignment).

Feedback for a group member is incomplete, not helpful, or poorly thought out.

Outcomes