AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changing my initial Canvas home page?

Question asked by Kristen Brownell on Aug 7, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2019 by Kona Jones

I have a question that I truly hope isn't silly - I feel like the solution should be intuitive, but I can't seem to get to it. So, apologies in advance if this is an eye-roller of a question! 

I've been teaching at my university since 2014, and now, five years later, I have quite an extensive list of classes in my Canvas course history. I know how to set the home page for individual courses I'm teaching, and I haven't had an issue with that, but when I initially log in to campus, the first page that shows up is a course I taught years ago. This is bizarre, since the old course from years ago isn't even one of the courses I've starred so that it shows up under the Courses tab. 

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering how I can change the page that's displayed when I initially log in to Canvas? Any logical explanation as to why the course I taught back in 2014 shows up as my initial home page as opposed to, say, one of the current courses I'm teaching or one of my starred courses? I looked under Settings and couldn't seem to find a solution, and I've had a hard time finding an answer online - there are a lot of answers for how to change a particular course home page, but not the first home page that shows up when you log in to Canvas.

I hope my question is clear, and many thanks to anyone who can help!

Outcomes