We're thinking about how to use Canvas as more than just a tool for curriculum delivery.
As a school just beginning the Canvas journey (2nd Year!) we are looking to engage staff in a way that liberates the mindset that says "Canvas is only for curriculum".
Our goal is to have staff access Canvas outside of academic course building. We hope this familiarity will breed a confidence and familiarity with Canvas, so that curriculum course building is not so daunting.
Some ways may be
- Recording NCCD data (This may be uniquely Australian. It is the data we keep on students that we make academic adjustments for in the classroom)
- Keeping agendas and minutes from staff meetings.
- List of students allergies
- The Day Book (Daily notices)
- Presentation of PD session (Non-Canvas related sessions)
- Recording student communication information i.e when, and by whom , were parents called, detention records, in school specialist support etc
Has anyone tackled some of these issues? Are there some better ways to acclimatise staff to Canvas? What did the course template look like?
Happy to hear any thoughts.