This problem is stemming from New Quizzes not passing Outcome results back to the Learning Mastery Gradebook, which is documented in this issue.
One workaround would be to manually add a rubric to the quiz, like you can on Classic Quizzes. On the quiz overview page, you can use the three-dot menu and select Show Rubric and then Add Rubric. This allows you to manually score criteria in the SpeedGrader without aligning items in Question Banks.
I tried the same in New Quizzes and ran into a problem. Here are the steps:
- Create a New Quiz and add questions, etc.
- Return to the Assignments list.
- On the New Quiz item, three-dot menu, select Edit.
- Click on More Options to get to the overview page.
- Click +Rubric at the bottom.
- Click on Find Outcome to import an Outcome. There's an error thrown that the URL is not valid:
backbone.js:1595 Uncaught Error: A "url" property or function must be specified
at L (backbone.js:1595)
at t.sync (backbone.js:1147)
at t.default.a.a.sync (Backbone.syncWithMultipart.js:129)
at t.sync (backbone.js:634)
at t.fetch (backbone.js:871)
at t.fetch (Collection.coffee:123)
at t.r.fetch (PaginatedCollection.coffee:76)
at t.value (OutcomesDirectoryView.js:83)
at t.View (backbone.js:1002)
at t [as constructor] (View.coffee:26)
Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions besides a ticket to Instructure?