Assignment restrictions?

Jump to solution
slr0007
Community Novice

Similar to how Canvas allows Modules to be restricted (must view A before complete/access B), is there a way to also limit access on an assignment by assignment basis?

For example, we're looking to limit the structure of the Modules such that 10 individual items do not appear, but rather, one major page is linked and that page includes tables with assignments linked within for a more graphically appealing view. From this perspective, can we then limit these assignments by viewing/completion based on what students have previously accessed/completed?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mmitchell
Community Contributor

Hi Sherri,

I did a quick run through and it looks like you are able to lockdown assignments in a page as long as you set up those assignments within Modules that have requirements.

I set up three modules, each with a variety of requirements and pre-reqs.

You'll notice it tells the student which Module requirement needs to be fulfilled.

Here's a rough look:

Restricted assignments | Screencast-O-Matic - Free online screen recorder for instant screen capture...

EDIT

Because Java is falling out of favor, Screencast-O-Matic wasn't the best choice. Try this one if the above doesn't work:

Restricted Assignments in Canvas - Weber State University

As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to set up assignment requirements without using Modules.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post