Auto Page Refresh during Quiz?

Jump to solution
jlangworthy
Community Novice

One of my students has e-mailed me to tell me his browser window automatically refreshed while he was taking a Quiz and that is why he earned 0 points on it. When I look at the Quiz log, I see he began it at 8:18 pm on 8/27, 18 seconds in there is a "stopped viewing" entry, then at 9:09 a "resumed" entry and then absolutely nothing. However, the quiz also indicates it was submitted on 8/27 at 8:38 pm. All of the questions were left unanswered. Additionally, it shows in his Activity report that he viewed it again on 8/30 7 times in the course of a minute. Can anyone explain how to interpret all this? 

If it helps, the Quiz is set up to allow one attempt only for 20 minutes, which makes it seem like he opened, left, started back up and let the time run out without answering anything. Is that possible? Also, would he be allowed to see the correct answers like everyone else since it was submitted?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jlangworthy ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on September 4, 2019.  It seems that you may have stumped Community members with your question.  Were you able to find a solution to your question that you'd be willing to share back here in this topic?  I'm hopeful that you were able to accommodate your student's needs so that he was able to get that quiz taken.  In those kinds of cases, I think I'd recommend first reaching out to the Help Desk folks at Instructure to see if they may be able to assist...especially since the student was taking a quiz at the time.  The Help Desk staff can be contacted via the "Help" menu on the left side of your screen: How to contact Canvas Support.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Dr. Langworthy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes