Grade book organization

Jump to solution
Fursty
Community Participant

I must be missing something,  Is the only way to get the grade book columns in the order I want them is to constantly to select and scroll EACH column?    Surely there has to be a better way. The grade book appears to simlply organize itself by the "Groups" you have created? 

So if I have quiz, assignments, and discussions for a week that I want to show in the grade book in the weekly order --  is my life is spent scrolling and moving columns? 

2 Solutions
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @Fursty .  Are you using the new or old gradebook?  In the new gradebook there are many options for both how to organize the grade columns themselves (see How do I arrange columns in the New Gradebook?) or filter the columns (see How do I filter columns by type in the New Gradebook?).  This document describes the release of the new gradebook and that it is an option that may or may not be permitted by your institution at this time, Canvas Release: New Gradebook.  According to this document, the new gradebook will replace the old in January, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16601-upcoming-canvas-changes#jive_content_id_New_Gradebook , so if you can start using the gradebook now it sounds as though you might have more options!

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@mgebara-lamb ...

Both of these options that you are looking for are still available in the newer look to the Gradebook.  After you click on your "Grades" button within your course, click on the gear/cog wheel icon at the top right corner of the screen.  Then, click on the "View Options" tab from the slide-out window that appears on the right side of your screen.  In the "Arrange By" dropdown list, there are two options for "Due Date".  You'll also see a checkbox for "Unpublished Assignments".

I hope these Guides will help to answer your question.  Let folks know in the Community if you have any questions about this information...thank you.

View solution in original post