How can I batch download course files when the Files page "has been disabled for the course?"

Jump to solution
saigeetha_naras
Community Novice

Seems like something changed recently so that instructors had to enable it or something. Whether they did or not, it would be nice if Canvas allowed students to batch download all course files in some way or another. What is the point in making us go through them one by one?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @saigeetha_naras ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting unanswered for over five months.  However, I think I have an answer for you.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but instructors do have the option to hide the course "Files" area of their course from students.  If this is the case for your course, then the instructor may link to files in the "Files" area directly in content pages within the course.  But, if you are able to see the "Files" area of your course, it is absolutely possible to download more than one file at a time.  Please check out the following Guides (check out the section on "Manage Selected Files"):

You can use the Ctrl + mouse click on individual files, and then you'll see an icon at the top of "Files" to download them to your computer.  It will create a *.zip file which you'll then need to unzip to extract the files to your computer.  Also, if you want to select a range of files to download, you can click on the first file while pressing the "Shift" key on your keyboard.  With the "Shift" key still pressed, click on the last file you want to select.  All files between and including you first and last selection will be selected, and then you can download them to your computer...again in a *.zip file.  (The Ctrl and Shift keys also work in a normal windows File Explorer environment.)

I hope this information will be of help to you, Saigeetha.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes