Grade book color tab in a students cell

Jump to solution
elaine_e_morris
Community Novice

Hi, i am an instructor and would like to know what the blue and green color tab in the grade book cell means? 

Thanks, Elaine

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @elaine_e_morris  - Well, it could be a few different things, but let me start by stating that depending on whether you are using the current gradebook or the New Gradebook, for your future reference there is an explanation on what most colors mean here:

However the way you are describing them, I'm also wondering if you may have an assignment where Turnitin was used to check each students' originality?  The green and blue colors sound a lot like Turnitin's icons for the similarity report score. I do not have an example of the blue color handy, but if what you are seeing looks something like this:

Sample gradebook with Turnitin scores

then it's Turnitin.  (The above was from the current gradebook, by the way.)

You can verify this by heading to SpeedGrader for that assignment.  The color will also show in the upper-right corner along with the % score.  The Turnitin site also has a "key" to these colors here:  Interpreting the Similarity Report | Canvas Plagiarism Framework  From SpeedGrader, you can click directly on the colored icon and be taken to Turnitin's Similarity Report.

Does that help at all, Elaine?

View solution in original post