"ACCESS DENIED"

Jump to solution
davidpwood
Community Novice

WHEN I SHARE LINKS TO PUBLISHED QUIZZES AND SOME OTHER MATERIALS, MY STUDENTS GET THIS RESPONSE IN CANVAS : "ACCESS DENIED". HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @davidpwood  , no need to shout. Even at my age, I can see regular text just fine.

Are the students you share the links with enrolled in your course? And, where are you sharing those links at?

If you post a content link within a Canvas course for the enrolled users of that course, the only thing that will keep them from following the link is if the content is unpublished, is located in an unpublished module; or, in the case of Files, they are otherwise restricted.

I suspect that while your content is published, that content resides in an unpublished module.  You can learn more about draft state and modules at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10114-4152180497 

I(f everything, including the modules are unpublished and otherwise unrestricted, I would suggest submitting a support ticket.

Kelley

View solution in original post

jvilledacampos
Community Explorer

Hi David,

There are times when I encounter this issue and another thing to take into consideration is that these links/files you are sharing may be referencing a different course that the students don't have access to.

This is usually caused when instructors import content into a new course and the links/files in that course will send them to the old course which students aren't enrolled in. This causes that "Access Denied" issue.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post