Class Icons Won't Load

Jump to solution
mmcdoug2
Community Novice

Whenever I log onto Canvas on my computer my class Icons for each class don't load, they just sit there and flash silvery. Even when I go to classes they won't load as well. They load on any other computer though. Picture attached as to what I see. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @mmcdoug2  and  Welcome to the Canvas Community! We've had reports of this over the past week and in nearly every case it has turned out to be an issue with an incompatible/unsupported browser. Please try these troubleshooting steps:

• Check your device compatibility: What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
  • Check your browser compatibility: Which browsers does Canvas support?  (Note that Internet Explorer 11 is not a supported browser, and if you're using IE11, you should have been automatically redirected to a page providing additional instructions.)
  • Try a different browser. The latest version of Chrome works great in both Windows and MacOS. If Chrome is giving you issues, switch to the latest version of Firefox.

If none of these methods solve the problem, contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes