ungraded activity: how to create one

Jump to solution
lmoline
Community Member

I have "assignments" that are not graded and I do not want them in the grade book. I have searched for how to create something that will show up in a students "to do" stream, but not require a submission and not be cluttering up the gradebook. These seem to be "events" or "activities" but I cannot figure out how to create a new "activity." These are activities that assign videos to view, and I want the activity to show up somewhere to remind students to do them. Right now I have these as "pages" but they have no reminders that they need to be done, and are therefore easily missed.

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @lmoline  - What I usually recommend to faculty members at my own institution is to create an assignment and in the Type: drop-down menu make it Ungraded.  There is additional information here:  What assignment types can I create in a course? All of the various options can be a bit confusing, and in fact I did a bit of a write-up on the various types of ungraded activities here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-7922-creating-a-non-graded-assignment that I think will assist you in this.

I hope this helps, Lisa!

View solution in original post