I followed these instructions. where do I see the extra credit points factor in?
I waited for students to complete then graded them. Once I changed from 4 point quiz to 0 point survey...all the number points went back to airplane (not graded symbol) then when I went back into speedgrader it showed until I "updated the grades", those students got a 0 displayed. I tried adding fudge points at the end?
best way to fix? should I have done it another way?
- Create a quiz in Canvas
- Provide point values for each question with the total being equal to the maximum number of extra credit points for this assignment
- Publish the quiz and have the students take the quiz
- Once the quiz period is over and the students' quiz scores are in the gradebook edit the quiz as follows:
- Change the Quiz type to a Graded Survey worth 0 Points
- The number of points the students originally earned on the quiz will not change: the only thing that is changed is the type (Quiz to Survey) and the number of points possible (X points to 0 points)
- The student will then receive those points earned on the quiz as extra credit points