Hide/Post Grades is Broken - Showing Grades!

Jump to solution
nzauhar
Community Novice

Two things:

1. I need to report a bug and I don't know where to do this and I am super frustrated both at the bug and how hard it is to find where to report it.

2. The new hide grades tool is broken! The eye says it is hidden and the eye says it is hidden as an icon in the grade book but students can see their grades and the comments. This is compromising my instructional team and creating a lot of confusion for students. 

What you need to know:

`1. You cannot hide grades unless a grade is entered - this makes no sense but this is not the biggest problem.

2. Once you are able to select "hide grades" it only hides the grades that were entered and places the word "hidden" under the person's name and grad. 

EX. Let's say you tried to use a workaround and created a test student and gave them a grade so that you could enable the hide button to work, well then the eye shows as hidden but in fact, everyone's grade is showing, comments and all.

4. Even worse, if you change the grade of a student their grade is no longer hidden.

Simple Solution: Revert back to mute/unmute! I'm not sure why this was ever changed in the first place.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @nzauhar ‌, I'm sorry that you've experienced issues with hiding grades. Please have a look at New Gradebook and SpeedGrader Muting Behavior Changes , if you haven't yet—and if you're sure the feature is not working as designed, please use the Report a Problem option in the Help link to report the issue to Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?). Initiating the help request directly from the place where the problem is occurring (in this case, most likely the Gradebook) will give the support agent important context that will aid in the resolution.

We're also collecting feedback on the new functionality, and would welcome your participation in the ongoing conversation at Post Policy Updates Feedback

View solution in original post