AnsweredAssumed Answered

How are broken link reports supposed to work?

Question asked by Tracey DeLillo Expert on Sep 3, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 by Cynthia Hollingsworth

An instructor reported that he got two Inbox messages from students that said "This most likely happened because you imported course content without its associated files. This student wrote:"  and that's where they ended. The students did not send the messages. When I looked at Page Views to see what a student was doing at the time the message was sent, I found that she had clicked on a file link. When I clicked on that link, I saw this:

I'm guessing that the student clicked on "Send" without entering any text (hence the "This student wrote: "), but where the rest of the message came from, I can't figure out. I tried entering a test message and hitting send, but the teacher did not get my message (at least not yet). It does not appear to generate a ticket (I searched the support site). I also can't find any documentation on this. The only thing I found in the community was Broken Link: More Data Included in the Message feature request, which may or may not be referring to this.

What I'm really trying to figure out:

• Where does this message go?
  • Is it supposed to go to the instructor's inbox under the student's name?
  • Is "This most likely happened because you imported course content without its associated files" some standardized text, or did a Canvas agent intercept and investigate at some point?

Outcomes