Canvas won't load

Jump to solution
eparker41
Community Novice

Canvas will not load on my 2014 macbook pro, how can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @eparker41  Welcome to the Canvas Community! It's likely that the browser on your Macbook Pro is out of date and possibly no longer supported. Canvas supports the two most recent versions of major browsers, as detailed in Which browsers does Canvas support? 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try, depending on which browser you're using:

• Are you using Safari?

If so, please check the version of Safari you're using (by clicking on Safari at the upper left and then About Safari) to ensure that you're using Safari 12 or 13. If you're not, you'll need to update your browser to the latest version.

If you're already on the latest version of Safari, clear the cache and cookies in the Safari browser, close and then relaunch the browser.

• If you're not using Safari:

The latest version of Chrome works great in the MacOS. If Chrome is giving you issues, switch to the latest version of Firefox.

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes