I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Jump to solution
asimonelli3
Community Novice

I have a brand new Macbook Air and last semester I was able to use canvas just fine and now this semester IT WILL NOT LOAD!!! I've tried literally everything. I updated everything restarted my computer I've done everything to try and fix canvas yet it STILL WON'T LOAD!! Everything else loads just fine, Netflix, Hulu, Twitter, etc. but of course when I need to do my school work it won't load!! The screen just stays loading and loading I cannot get to ANY courses or assignments it just does not work at ALL. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND!!!

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @asimonelli3  Welcome to the Canvas Community! This sounds very much like an issue with an out-of-date/unsupported browser. Canvas supports the latest two versions of the major browsers listed in Which browsers does Canvas support? 

The good news is that since your device is relatively new, its operating system should easily support the latest browsers, so applying an update might well get you back on track. Here are some troubleshooting steps for you to try:

• If you're using Safari:

First, for good order's sake, make sure your device meets the specifications listed in What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?  (You might be due for an OS update on your Macbook.)

Then, please check the version of Safari you're using (by clicking on Safari at the upper left and then About Safari) to ensure that you're using Safari 12 or 13 (which are the two latest versions at this writing). If you're not, you'll need to update your browser to the latest version.

If you're already on the latest version of Safari, clear the cache and cookies in the Safari browser, close and then relaunch the browser.

• If you're using Chrome or Firefox:

Compare your browser version against those listed in Which browsers does Canvas support? to make sure you are using a supported version. If you're not, apply the update.

If none of the above resolves the issue for you, please contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

Good luck!

View solution in original post