Allow late submission of assignments

Jump to solution
stermerl
Community Novice

I set up my course to allow assignments to be late for a 10% deduction per day for up to 6 days.  However, my students are telling me that the assignments are locked after the due date and won't allow them to submit them late.  I am so confused.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Howdy  @stermerl ‌,

Thanks for your reply. If you want to accept late assignments after the due date for all assignments; then you would need to edit the assignments and change the until date to be after the due date.

There is a way to change them all at once, but I personally I just do them manually one by one.

Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page 

As far as the "Automatically apply grade for missing submissions" that is a different feature. It applies a 0 for most assignments after the due date has passed (ie the automation is prompted by the due date). If you are accepting late assignments, you may not want to use this feature. You can still easily apply 0s for non-submissions en masse by using the set default grade feature though (generally you would do this after everyone else's assignment has been graded and after the due date- but in your situation, you might wait 10 days before awarding 0s. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12834-415255002 

Let us know if that accomplishes what you needed!

Sky V.

View solution in original post