How to change start times for quizzes for different students for the same quiz?

Jump to solution
cheryl_crow
Community Novice

Hello,

I have a handful of students who have different accommodations that allow them to take exams for longer periods of time, which necessitates them having a different start time.

I understand how to alter the total time available to them (for example, 90 minutes as opposed to 60). However, I can't figure out how to alter the start time for individual students (so for example one student could start at 12:30pm, and others might be starting at 1:00pm).

Thank you! - Cheryl

2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @cheryl_crow ‌, you can accomplish this by going into the quiz details and adding a new assign box.  Currently the one there probably says "Everyone" and then you gave it a specific date/time.  At the bottom of that box is the ability to add another assign box.  In this one, just put the student(s) you want to give a different time to.  This will trump that student being included in the "everyone" and give them their own due date and time.

Here are a few helpful Canvas resources as well:

How do I assign a quiz to an individual student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/162640-re-using-quizzes-with-students-who-require-extended-t... 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

@levi_baguley ...

The links that @nwilson7 provided back in 2019 were from when the Canvas Community website was hosted by another platform.  Back in late Summer 2020, Instructure migrated to a new platform, and unfortunately, some links did not migrate properly.  However, many times if you know what the title of the page was or if you know what the old URL looked like, you can often take a pretty good educated guess as to what the new URL should be by using the search text boxes at the top of any page here in the Community.  That's what I did to find the two pages Nick had linked to.  Here are the corrected links for you:

I hope this will be of some help to you!

View solution in original post