Google Hangout

Jump to solution
ccao2
Community Novice

My class required google hangout(COMM 122) and my professor sent the link through the course but when I click on it. It's alway turn on Google Meeting. Are they the same or difference? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @ccao2  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

This is where it gets confusing........................

Google Hangouts is a communication software product developed by Google. Originally a feature of Google+, Hangouts became a standalone product in 2013, when Google also began integrating features from Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts. In 2017, Google began developing Hangouts into a product aimed at enterprise communication. Hangouts is now part of the G Suite line of products and consists of two primary products: Google Hangouts Meet and Google Hangouts Chat.[7] Google has also begun integrating features of Google Voice, its IP telephony product, into Hangouts, stating that Hangouts is designed to be "the future" of Voice. Google will shut down the classic version of Hangouts in October 2019

But, there is still an important lesson here - The first place you should check for answers about your canvas courses is your teachers.

This is a global community of Canvas users and we do not have access to your courses, nor do we know your teacher's intentions for this tool.

You can learn how to contact your teacher at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10574-4212710325 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post