Extra Credit in weighted sections

Jump to solution
ylin4
Community Novice

How can I cap each weighted section in the grading so that the max of each section won't exceed 100%? 

I assigned extra credit to different sections, but when the "final" grade is calculated, the percentage (for different sections) exceeds 100% and that is misleading when students are checking for their progresses (attached is an example).

Currently I had to take out all the extra credit points (and planning to manually enter/adjust them at the end of the semester) to avoid any misleading information....but students are still not getting a realistic grade for their progresses because it doesn't take into account their extra credit.

I read a thread about the same problem (Cap Assignment Group Total at 100%), but it was considered "answered" because there wasn't a solution. Just want to see if there is any updates since then.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@ylin4 ,

Nothing has changed in regards to this since that discussion. There are solutions provided within that thread, but they do require extra work on the part of the instructor since there is no built-in way of accomplishing this.

View solution in original post