My Students are not receiving email from canvas or instructure.

Jump to solution
tmoynihan1
Community Novice

My Students are not receiving email from canvas or instructure.

My IT department made sure instructure.com what whitelisted for all students 9-12

I can receive email on my teacher email

But my students do not receive email when I try to invite them to the course or at any other times.

Is there some issue I do not know about?

We use gmail but our addresses are our own domain.

Thanks

Tim Moynihan

3 Solutions
0 Likes
tmoynihan1
Community Novice
Author

Hi Stuart,

I use the free for teacher account. (I hope to be a paid user someday but I have to convince my administration that it works well first.)

I did get a sample student account and I can not get my sample student email to receive outside mail so I think it is a problem on our side. 

I am going to try to get my IT folks to trouble shoot that part first and then return to seeing if I can get students to receive email from instructure after that. 

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

tmoynihan1
Community Novice
Author

I have found a work around.  I do not think this is the best solution but it seems to be the working solution.  I have created accounts using "usernames" instead of emails, then I give the username to a student and have them assign their email in settings. One asspect of this solution is that the students must user their username to sign in, not their email address or the "sign in with google" option. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes