How do I access my students' last quarter assignments and adjust their grades?

Jump to solution
brownn2
Community Novice

The quarter ended a couple of days ago and now I can't access my students' assignments to continue grading them.  Grades are not due until this Friday, but I can't finish grading.  I also have students still turning in late work.  Is there a way on my end to change the settings and fix this?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @brownn2  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The best thing you can do is contact the Canvas administrator at your institution.  At many institutions, once the term is over the course goes into a "read-only" status. This is dependent upon the term date and/or the "Ends" date in your specific course site among other factors.  When the course is open--and again, this right will depend upon your institution--you can click on Settings and, under the Course Details tab, change the Ends date, as outlined here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12900-415257087   My hunch is that you will not be able to do this, however, since the term has ended.  So again, contact your local administrator and request that s/he extend the Ends date of your course so that you can head back into your course.

I hope this helps a bit, Nalani.

View solution in original post