How do I replace original syllabus with updated version?

Jump to solution
donna_akers
Community Member

I uploaded a syllabus into Canvas at the beginning of the semester. I recently changed some requirements and want to upload an updated syllabus. I cannot seem to be able to do this. Can someone tell me how to delete the old syllabus and add the updated one in the simplest instructions possible? Preferably illustrated? 

Here is what I have tried, to no avail:

I have tried uploading the updated syllabus using a new file name and trying to delete the old. That didn't work.

I then tried renaming the updated syllabus with the original syllabus's name, but the upload designated it as copy 1, not the same as the original syllabus. Supposedly, if I uploaded the updated syllabus with the original syllabus's name, I would see a prompt asking if I wanted to replace the original syllabus. That did not happen. The window simply named the updated syllabus with the original syllabus's name and the number 1. So now I have the original and the updated syllabi under two different names. I see no way to delete the original syllabus.

1 Solution
chadscott
Community Contributor

Howdy,

If you are using the "Syllabus" section of Canvas, here are steps on how to add and edit -

How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor? 

If you are simply uploading a file, uploading the same file in the "Files" section with the same name should give you the prompt to replace the original. 

Here are steps to delete a file -

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12743-415241388 

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post