mrumerman
Community Novice

Can you please add a feature that saves progress when creating a quiz before it is finalized. I am very weary from creating quizzes, forgetting to hit one of the dozen or so buttons (or so it seems) to make sure the quiz is complete, and then realize when my students take it, all my work is lost, and the question isn't there.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mrumerman ...

Instructure (the folks that make Canvas) isn't really doing any more development on current (legacy) quizzes.  Rather, they are moving on to New Quizzes (formerly called Quizzes.Next).  You can read more about New Quizzes by viewing the content in this group within the Community: New Quizzes User Group.

Also, it sounds like what you've posted above would be more in the line of a Feature Idea rather than a question that you're asking for help on from Community members.  If you would like to post this as a Feature Idea, the first thing to do is to search for an existing, similar idea...so that you're not duplicating something that might already exist.  Then, if you cannot find a similar idea, you can create your own Feature Idea for people to comment on and vote on.  Here are some documents to help get you started:

Also, you might be interested in reading this blog entry I wrote a few years back about how to batch upload quiz questions into Canvas for current (legacy) quizzes: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Michael.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post