I'm still trying to sort out the behavior of the Grade Posting Policy, and how it does/doesn't interact with the Hide Grades command.
This is one point of confusion.
- 1) My course has two students. One is the native "Test Student", that we work with in the Student View. The other student is a dummy account that we created just to test & check stuff.
- I went into the gradebook, found an assignment, and set the Grade Posting Policy for that assignment to "Manually".
- I then entered grades for both students in the gradebook for that assignment. (Note: I have not yet selected "Hide" grades.)
Question: What is supposed to happen with those two newly-entered grades? (Reminder: The GPP is set to "Manually", but the grades are not "hidden".) As of now, I am getting different behavior for both the Test Student and the dummy student.
- When I go into Student View... then to Grades... Canvas displays the eyeball-with-a-slash-through-it icon.
- When I go into my dummy student account... Canvas displays the actual grade.
Which one is correct?