AnsweredAssumed Answered

ePortfolio Submissions and Concluded Courses

Question asked by Nancy Latimer on Nov 14, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 by Nancy Latimer

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me with a couple of questions about adding course submissions to an ePortfolio. I have not looked at the ePortfolio feature in a couple of years but it looks like it hasn't changed at all.

If a student adds a course submission to an ePortfolio and the course it's submitted from later concludes, will they still be able to access that submission from their ePortfolio?

I am concerned about this statement:

Users without access to a concluded course may not be able to access Assignments in your ePortfolio from that course. Links to deleted courses will not remain active.

It comes from this article:

How do I retrieve assignments from previous courses in my ePortfolio as a student? 

Our students do not have access to concluded courses.

Also, I noticed, as has been mentioned awhile ago, that all assignments are coming up when choosing from the list of course submissions, even when nothing has been submitted to an assignment.  This was mentioned in the following link from 2015 and refers back to the article above. Kona Jones thought this might be a bug because it contradicts the way the article suggests it is supposed to work. That makes sense, but it looks like it was never corrected. Does anyone have any information on this?

ePortfolio Course Submissions 

Thanks for any insights you may have. We'd really like to use the ePortfolio feature more, but it still seems very clunky to me.

Nancy

Outcomes