Regrade a quiz

Jump to solution
ckennedy3
Community Novice

How can I change one student's grade in Canvas quizzes?

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@ckennedy3 

@Bobby2  gave you some places to look. I want to give the heads up that regrading will change the grade for everyone who had that question and not all question types can be regraded. You specifically mentioned one student's grade, so I'll focus on things you can do to change just an individual grade.

There are a couple of ways to accomplish this and it depends on how you want to change the grade.

If you want to make corrections to a single student by adjusting the points for individual questions, then go into SpeedGrader and change the points for the questions. For example, if you want them to know that they got credit for question 5, this is the way you would do it. See How do I grade quiz questions in SpeedGrader? for more information.

If you just want to adjust the overall grade, then you use fudge points. You can do this through SpeedGrader as well, or changing the grade in the gradebook will adjust the fudge points automatically to give that grade. In SpeedGrader, you specify the number of fudge points (I gave you 3 extra points) while in the gradebook you have to do the math yourself (they had an 82 and I gave them 3 extra points, so they now have an 85 and that's what you would enter).

For more information about SpeedGrader and fudge points, see How do I adjust the point value for an entire quiz using fudge points in SpeedGrader? For more information about how to change the grades in the gradebook, it depends on whether you have the new gradebook or the old gradebook. Many people are already using the new one and the old one will be deprecated in January 2020. See How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook? or How do I enter and edit grades in the New Gradebook? for more information.

View solution in original post