AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using learning outcomes in different courses

Question asked by Didem Yesil on Nov 27, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2019 by Didem Yesil

Hi everyone,

Let me tell you the challenge I am having on Canvas. I created this X course on Canvas and created the learning outcomes & assessed the students on these outcomes. Then, Y course has just started and want to use some of the learning outcomes I used in the X course for the Y course. But I realised that I made this mistake that I created those learning outcomes at the course level, not at the school level. Now I cannot use these same outcomes in the Y course. The thing is If I create the same outcomes for the Y course there will be a duplicate of them. What I would like to have instead is the continuation of the mastery levels in the next course. I want the mastery skills to build up over the year across multiple courses. 

I am aware of the mistake - should have created them at the school level. However, does anybody know any other way to transfer those outcomes with the existing student mastery data (there are evaluations in the X course) to other courses and have the mastery levels continue to build as if in the same course. Or perhaps is there another way to fix it that I am missing?

Thanks a lot,

Didem 

Outcomes